- 7:00 – Wake up
- 7:30-9:00 – Breakfast – scheduled by Leagues/Teams
- 8:30 – Commuter Drop-Off
- 9:00- Attendance and Announcements
- 9:15 – Stretching
- 9:30 – Drill Stations
- 10:30 – Contests
- 11:30-1:00 – Lunch – scheduled by Leagues/Teams
- 1:00 – Attendance and Announcements
- 1:15 – Lectures
- 2:15 – Attendance and Announcements
- 2:30-5:00 – League Games
- 4:45-5:15 – Commuter Pick-Up for those not staying for dinner
- 4:45-6:00 – Dinner – scheduled by Leagues/Teams
- 6:00 – Commuter Drop-Off for evening session (optional)
- 6:15 – Attendance and Announcements
- 6:30 – League Games
- 9:00 -Open Gym/Individual Instruction
- 9:15-9:45 – Commuter Pick-Up
- 9:15-10:00 – Canteen/Pizza
- 10:00 – Attendance and Announcements
- 10:05 – Back to Dorms
- 11:00 – Lights Out (Bed Check)
- Any paperwork (signed parental consent form, medical form) that has not been previously submitted
- Any medications – properly labeled, along with the completed medical authorization form filled out by your doctor and parent
- $100 check (made out to: The Kevin Ollie Basketball Camp) for room key deposit, which will be returned to you when you return your room key at the end of camp
- 8 pairs of socks
- 1 pair of good basketball sneakers
- 5 T-shirts
- 3 pairs of shorts
- 1 sweatsuit/warm-up suit
- 1 sweatshirt or light jacket
- casual clothing only if desired
- athletic supporters and underwear
- 3 towels
- 1 blanket
- 2 sheets (mattresses are 80 inches, which are extra long ones)
- 1 pillow
- 1 pillowcase
- bathroom articles
- portable fan (dorms are not air conditioned so a fan is strongly suggested)
- alarm clock
- money to deposit into the camp canteen
- water bottle
- a lanyard to keep the room key from being lost (one can be purchased at the camp canteen)
If two campers request one another and are both successfully registered for camp at the time roommate assignments are made, the request will be met. If you have made the roommate request via the online registration form, there is no need to also submit it via email or phone. If a roommate request changes, please contact us. We assign roommates based on the requests made on the online form. If no roommate request is made, your camper will be assigned a double room with another camper in his age group.
We live in regular UCONN dorms. Each floor has a large bathroom to accommodate the entire floor. A wall separates each shower. The dorms are not air-conditioned, so bring a fan for comfort. Air conditioners are not allowed. The hall lights are left on all night, but if you feel that your son might need more light you may want to bring a night light.
There is approximately a 10:1 ration of campers to staff. All staff members sleep in the dorms with the campers. The UCONN police patrol the campus, including the dorms, 24 hours a day. The campers travel with their teammates and coach throughout the day.
We highly discourage campers from bringing MP3 players, iPads, electronic games, laptops and other valuables. If campers bring any electronic devices, it will be at their own risk and may only be used in their dorm room.
There are no pay phones in the dorms. If cell phones are brought to camp, they need to be stored in their room and not brought to any basketball event. Campers typically use them at night or when they are at the dorms. In the event that you need to reach your son during camp, you may leave a message at our office, 860-486-2720. We will have other emergency numbers for camper parents at check-in. As with electronic devices, the camp is not responsible for any personal items.
Our medical staff is available to the campers 24 hours a day. The campers are told on the first day of camp where to find the medical staff during all hours of the day.
We eat all of our meals in a UCONN cafeteria. All of the food is served buffet style. It is all-you-can-eat environment at each meal. There is a wide selection at meals; even picky eaters would be able to find something to eat! There is also a vegetarian selection at each meal. They usually have a pasta bar at dinner, a salad bar at all meals, lots of fruit and drinks, ice cream, the regular hot food service, a sandwich bar, etc. There are many options and everyone should be able to find something they like. IMPORTANT: Please notify the camp administrators at 860-675-8000 or by email at email@example.com of any food allergies.
Parents, family, and friends are all welcome to watch anytime during the week of camp. Please call the UConn Basketball office at 860-486-2720 if you want to confirm the day’s events. We also post League Game schedules on our Facebook page when available.
We have a camp store (Canteen/Camp Store) that is available to all of our campers. We DO NOT encourage campers to carry cash. We ask that parents make a cash deposit into the canteen at registration. Your son then charges against that amount all week. At the awards ceremony on the last day of camp, we refund the money that your son has not spent. At the camp store we sell t-shirts, practice shorts, jerseys, pizza, snacks and drinks.
Campers are divided into random, age appropriate teams.
Under no circumstances can we allow three or more campers to a room. We can only accommodate two campers to a room due to University policy. Please do not call the camp office with requests for three campers to a room. Campers will be assigned to dormitory floors by age.
In the event that you need to reach your son during camp, you may leave a message at our office, 860-486-2720. We will have other emergency numbers for campers parents at check-in.
No, the campers are divided according to age into random camp teams.
No refunds will be granted after June 1, 2018. A $200 ADMINISTRATIVE FEE IS HELD REGARDLESS OF THE DATE OF CANCELLATION. Partial refunds or credits will be given for medical reasons only. All cancellations must be submitted in writing and will not be accepted over the phone. Credits are good for one year (2019 Camp Sessions) and are not transferable.